I am Wouter Geraedts, a graduate student at the Radboud University Nijmegen, in The Netherlands. I am currently working to get my master’s degree in the Mathematical Foundations of Computing Science (MFoCS). Professionally I have worked on several websites and mailing systems. Currently I am working on several concepts involving (web)scrapers for my company Sarif.
I am an active climber and swimmer (almost for free thanks to the USC). I also love to read (fantasy) books, and am a fan of Robin Hobb’s and Robert Jordan’s work. My list of watched anime-series is extensive. Sometimes I can be found livestreaming a game. Finally, I am a member and secretary of the student sect #RU. But nothing beats my primary hobby: developing software.
As a full-time student, I am currently not looking for new work. In the past I’ve held the following positions:
- 2015 Security auditor for LaQuSo, or the Laboratory for Quality Software at the Radboud University
- 2014 Studentassistant for the course Algorithms and Datastructures at the Radboud University
- 2014 Studentassistant for the course Complexity at the Radboud University
- 2010-2013 Studentmember of the education committee at the Radboud University
- 2010, 2011, 2013 Studentassistant for the course Processen at the Radboud University
- 2010, 2011 Studentassistant for the course Processoren at the Radboud University
- 2007-2011 Programmer at Adecon
For a list of my current and past projects, see the projects page.
From both personal and professional experience, I can give the following list of proficiencies:
- Teaching proficiency: MySQL, HTML, PHP, Haskell, C, C++, C#, Python, Java, LaTeX, UPPAAL, (Web)scraping
- I received the Aia Bachelor Award for my bachelor’s thesis on ‘Time-based Modeling and Verification of Flow Systems in Uppaal’.
I might send you some e-mail with a so-called PGP-block (i.e. BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE). If you don’t understand what this is: ignore it. Otherwise, here is the fingerprint of my PGP key:
5EBF F357 594C 3342 A851 39C6 BBE6 E0DD C37D 82AD